Eleutherae is the name of a small ancient Greek town in the borders of Attica with Boeotia. The worship of God Dionysus was first established there. The walls of the city’s fortress are preserved to date. Eleutherae is also the name of a village in the Municipality of Paggaio. Until the Population Exchange between Greece and Turkey, it was inhabited by Christians and Muslims. After 1923, 147 refugee families have settled there.