Gennadios – Georgios Alexiadis was Metropolitan Bishop of Thessaloniki, the first after the Turkish occupation (1912-1951). He was born in 1868 in Mesopolis of Bursa and in 1905 he became the Metropolitan Bishop of Lemnos. He studied at the Theological School of Halki. He worked for the improvement of the spiritual level of the clergy, founding the Priestly Association of Thessaloniki (1917) and publishing, in the same year, the magazine “Grigorios Palamas”. He is the founder of HAN Thessaloniki and had a charitable and patriotic activity, mainly during the German occupation (1941-1944). He was proclaimed Righteous Among the Nations.
Information from the book by Aristides Kesopoulos “THE NAME OF THE ROADS OF THESSALONIKI”, MALLIARIS – PAIDEIA SA publications.