Copies or excerpts of Registry Acts of Birth, Marriage and Death are issued and provided for whom they may concern.
How Registry Act copies are issued
- At the Registry when appearing in person (1, Vas. Georgiou Street, GR-54640 Thessaloniki, 1st floor)
- At any Citizen Service Centre (KEP).
- At any Greek Embassy abroad
- By telephone application (1502).
Who may receive a Registry Act copy, as the case may be
The following individuals have the right to request copies or excerpts of the above Registry Acts:
- COPY OR EXCERPT OF A REGISTRY ACT OF BIRTH
The individual whom the Registry Act of Birth concerns, his or her parents (in the case of a minor).
- COPY OR EXCERPT OF A REGISTRY ACT OF MARRIAGE
The individuals whom the Registry Act of Marriage concerns.
- COPY OR EXCERPT OF A REGISTRY ACT OF DEATH
Relatives of the 1st degree or the spouse, closest relatives.
Copies of excerpts of Registry Acts may be provided to any third party, who must be able to prove:
- That he or she has a legitimate interest
- That he or she has been authorised by the beneficiaries in all the above cases.
The provision of all the above copies to any third parties takes place if the conditions set out in Law 2472/1997 and Law 344/1976 (Decision 77/2015 of the Hellenic Data Protection Authority) are met.
Supporting documents required for the issuance of a copy:
- Application (provided by the service)
- Police-issued Identity Card of the applicant, or passport, or driving licence, or health booklet
- Authorization, certified for authenticity of the signature (if a third party appears)
- Identity card of the authorized individual
In order to provide better services to the public (whether or not residents of the City of Thessaloniki), the Registry Department of the City of Thessaloniki provides application and declaration forms for all cases.
Tel. Nos: 2313 317420, 2313 317413, 2313317401
Fax Nos: 2313 317513 & 2313317514